New Parents Reception Reminder – Thursday, September 17
If you have a Kindergartner or your family is new to North School, please join us at a private reception Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. This parents-only event will be held at a private home. Email invitations were sent via Paperless Post to all new families. If you did not receive your invite, or have questions, please contact event co-chairs Amy Jasmer, email@example.com or Karen Folgner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot Lunch Volunteers Still Needed!
Hot lunch volunteers are still needed! Dads, Moms, Grandparents, Nannies... You only need to sign up for once a month, 11:30-12:45. It is really fun! You will see your kids, get one lunch credit from Choice lunch, and help out North School! CLICK HERE TO VOLUNTEER FOR LUNCH DUTY!
Library Volunteers Needed
Library Volunteers Needed!!! If you're interested in helping out, please sign up today! Thank you.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER IN LIBRARY
Book Fair – Week of September 28
MARK YOUR CALENDARS! The book fair is coming! It will be held September 28 through October 2, from 8:00am to 3:00pm daily. Family Night is Tuesday, September 29 from 6:00-8:00pm. And please signup to volunteer to set-up and work the Book Fair because we can't do it without your help.
CLICK HERE TO VOLUNTEER AT THE BOOK FAIR.
Family Movie Night – Friday, October 2
No need to hit up Fandango or Netflix, because we're bringing the theater to North Field!
Grab your blankets, lawn chairs and flashlights... North's annual Family Movie Night is just a couple weeks away! On Friday, October 2nd, plan to arrive around 6pm for food and fun on the field. The family-friendly "surprise" movie will begin at dusk.
Keep your eye out for a school-wide E-Blast with more details including food truck menu, packing tips and more. Questions? Please email Family Movie Night's Executive Producer/ Head Popcorn Popper: Shema Sherwin: email@example.com
North Dad’s Day – Friday, October 9
Dad's Day is coming October 9, 2015. Registration is now open. Please go to www.NorthSchoolDadsDay.com to register. Spots fill up fast, so please register early. We are requesting that all participating dads make a donation to the North Parent Group to help fund the Dad's Day service projects and activities. There is a PayPal link on the registration website where donations can be made. This is very fun annual event for both dads and kids, and we hope all dads can join us this year. Questions, please contact any of the Dad's Day Co-Chairs: Steve Druskin (firstname.lastname@example.org), Lani Fritts (email@example.com), or Andy McCall (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you everyone for your patience in the traffic circle. Afternoon traffic seems to have found its rhythm! Tips:
- We ask that you do not make a U-turn at the bottom of the traffic circle. Orange cones were in place the first two weeks of school as a reminder. Attempting a U-turn prevents cars from clearing the intersection and causes backups down Eucalyptus and Floribunda.
- Please be aware of our special needs students that require additional time to load into their cars.
- Those of you who requested additional placards should see them come home with your child this week.
Thank you for your attention. Please feel free to direct any questions to your NPG Traffic Chair, Gia Corsetti, at email@example.com
The Welcoming Families Co-Chairs would like to say a big thank you to the parents that acted as buddy families to incoming North families. We very much appreciate the extra time you took to make them feel at home. Thank you to: Joyce B., Karen C., Laura H., Elsbeth I., Cara J., Amy J., Nancy K., Erin L., Jamie M., Tammi M., Kim O., Susan P., Pam R., Cinthia S. and Jennifer S.
A huge thank you to our 2nd-5th Grades Welcome Back Coffee Committee! Amy J, Liat B, Jennifer F, Jennifer S, Laura H, Tracy E, Beth G, Erin L, Elsbeth I, Simona I, and Jana A. We could not have done it without your early morning energy and your fresh door to door deliveries!
Hillsborough Schools Foundation (HSF) Update
October 15 Hillsborough Classic Tennis
October 15 Hillsborough Classic Cocktail Party
October 16 Hillsborough Classic Luncheon
October 28 Pledge Day
Routines are quickly settling in with school under way and we hope it’s been a fun few weeks. The Hillsborough Schools Foundation would like to welcome all new school families, and welcome back those returning. Thank you for attending the Back to School events and coffees, including What to Expect Night. To view the HSF video presented at What to Expect Night, it’s available here on hsf.org!
We look forward to seeing you at the HSF Classic events on October 15th-16th, and out on Pledge Day on October 28th.
- 35th Annual Hillsborough Classic - Mark your calendars! This year's Hillsborough Classic celebrates 35 Years. To embrace this exciting milestone, Hillsborough Classic will host a Cocktail Party on Thursday evening, October 15th. From tennis courts on Thursday morning, to colorful cocktails that evening, make a day of it! The fun doesn't end there. Shopping, Lunch and a Fashion Show will continue the Classic tradition on Friday, October 16th. Tickets for the cocktail party will sell out, so don’t wait! Buy your tickets today!
- eScrip.com – Don’t forget to register or renew your credit cards with eScrip! Make your shopping count for our kids! Groceries = dollars (Mollie Stone’s, Lunardi’s, Piazza’s, Trag’s and Draegers all donate a percentage of your sales to HSF for all eScrip-registered credit cards)
- Free $$$ – Buy supplies for the kids and give to the kids, all at once! Amazon, Office Depot and so many more merchants donate a percentage back of every purchase originating at HSFshopping.com! Never type in Amazon.com again, instead click through the HSFshopping.com website on your way to Amazon to participate.
- HSF on Facebook - Like our Facebook Page to keep up-to-date on HSF news and events!
Thank you for supporting our award-winning public schools.
Burlingame Pet Parade Invites ‘Best School Float’ Entries
It’s time to begin thinking about what you and your pet will wear in the 12th annual Burlingame Pet Parade on Saturday, Sept. 26, on Broadway in Burlingame, which will feature Kasper the Duck (wearing a tuxedo) as Grand Marshal. Those who wish to march in the parade must report by 9:30 a.m. to the parking lot at Broadway and Chula Vista. This family friendly event offers free entertainment and art projects for children. There is no charge to participate and every participant receives a souvenir ribbon.
This year, for the first time, public and private schools for grades K through 12 throughout San Mateo County are invited to compete in a “Best School Float” contest. The winning school will receive $500 from the Burlingame Merchants Association. Judges also will select the Best Pet Trick; Most Unusual Pet; Best Dressed Pet; and Most Original Float, Group or Wagon (non-school category). Judging takes place immediately after the parade at Broadway and Paloma. Complete rules and more information are available at www.burlingamepetparade.com.
Workshop Education- A Fresh Start to Learning
We teach children to be problem solvers whether it be in tackling school work more efficiently or creating their own business. Our after-school curriculum includes study skills and lessons in innovation, while providing time for homework as well. Once you understand our unique approach to flexible scheduling, we can help your day feel less hectic. Enrollment is on-going. Learn more and register at www.workshopeducation.org