Fifth Grade Leadership Program SEAL (Student engagement and applied leadership)
The North Hillsborough School Fifth Grade Leadership Program provides opportunities for fifth grade students to assume leadership positions at our school.By accepting leadership roles, participants will act as role models to younger students, learn to accept responsibility, and provide service to North School and the student body.
Leadership students will perform small, but critical, roles on our campus.Their participation in the program will make our school and campus a safer place, a more beautiful place, a more compassionate and understanding place, and a place in which we all can take pride.
The Leadership Program provides opportunities for the participants to:
- Help supervise younger students at lunch periods and at recess,
- Become involved in a “Bridge School Buddy” program,
- Assist teachers, librarians, and office staff with special and ongoing projects,
- Help maintain and beautify our school, and
- Become a part of the daily responsibilities of running North School.
Although participation in the Fifth Grade Leadership Program is voluntary, we hope that many of our students will recognize this program as a way to make a positive impact on our school community, and along the way learn the value of “giving back” to the community of teachers, staff, parents, and fellow students who work so diligently on their behalf.