Technology Equipment and Usage
At North School we take cyber safety and security seriously. We teach our students about cyber-safety yearly, and make every effort to ensure that our students become effective and appropriate users of media and technology. HERE are some resources to reinforce cyber safety norms at home.
Technology and Equipment Usage Agreement
The following are NOT permitted as it pertains to any communications system, computer, peripheral device, multimedia device, software, disk, electrical connection, supplies, or data storage system:
- Vandalism, intentional physical damage, or other attempts to render unusable, any of the above, or removal of any of the above from their proper location without permission of the principal of their designee.
- Inappropriate or illegal use of school owned software or copyrighted materials.
- Possession of, usage of, or failure to maintain confidentiality of passwords, codes or usernames that are not the property of the student or staff member.
- Usage that is neither instructional; nor related to student learning and curriculum (for example unauthorized games).
- Introduction of any "virus" or other unauthorized material into a computer.
- Changing control panel settings, configurations, systems, defaults, macros, file names, or adding/changing passwords without permission.
- Installing or downloading any software by students without permission
Students must immediately notify a staff member if s/he accidentally access inappropriate content, or make changes to any school device.
Inappropriate use of technology and devices will be reported to the appropriate personnel.
Consequences for Violation of Rules and Procedures
- Violations may result in temporary loss of access at the discretion of teacher/administrator; alternative work may be substituted if necessary.
- Serious or repeat violations will be handled in accordance with the school discipline policy.
- When applicable, law enforcement agencies may be involved as per the California Education Code.